Mascola Group has immediate need for a highly-motivated Sr. Social Media / Public Relations Specialist with proven experience developing and maintaining social media and PR campaigns at the agency level.
The Sr. Social Media / Public Relations Specialist is a talented writer and communicator who will provide public relations and social media marketing support for a variety of B2C and B2B clients. The ideal candidate must be able to think strategically, manage time and priorities, and possess a strong understanding of the role of social media and PR in today’s marketing mix. Working with both internal staff and external resources, the Sr. Social Media / Public Relations Specialist will develop and implement plans to generate awareness, drive engagement and build reputation for a diverse roster of clients.
This is a fun yet fast-paced environment; ideal candidate is able to manage multiple tasks and has a good sense of humor.
****************** NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION. ******************
SOCIAL MEDIA REQUIREMENTS
- Manage program and project development from definition through delivery; this will include identifying key measures of success.
- Develop ROI models around social media engagement and prioritize projects based upon a solid business case as well as determine guidelines for evaluating benefits and risks for certain social media engagements.
- Be the primary interactive marketing point of contact for assigned key initiatives.
- Work directly with clients to gain appropriate input and buy-in on social networking strategies and execution.
- Serve as primary content developer for client social media sites including LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Supervise integration of social media efforts into overall marketing mix for clients.
- Develop and maintain daily/weekly/monthly editorial schedules outlining web/social media strategic plans for clients.
- Stay abreast of client happenings to incorporate appropriate updates and/or article tie-ins for publication.
- Experience with social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.) as well as social management platforms (ex. HootSuite)
- Hands-on experience implementing social media programs for business – from planning, all the way through to execution and reporting.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing for social networking functions
PUBLIC RELATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Within the context of business and marketing plans, implement media strategies that reflect the client’s brand and positioning, disseminate key messages, and achieve the media coverage goals of the firm and practice groups.
- Research media markets via geography, industry and medium as necessary.
- Experience integrating PR initiatives with social media marketing
- Act as a point of contact with the press.
- Coordinate interviews and meetings with reporters and media outlets.
- Meet and interact with members of the press to establish and maintain key working relationships.
- Position client base as “experts” for use by media.
- Actively generate and seek story ideas and pitch to local and national press, general business and trade publications
- Investigate story angles to improve newsworthiness of routine firm developments (e.g., new products, research, etc.)
- Write press releases, pitch letters and other publicity copy.
- Monitor advertising calendars of relevant publications and communicate/recommend opportunities.
- Advise clients on press response techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Journalism, English or related field
- 2-4 years of relevant experience (agency experience preferred)
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interface directly with clients while maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
NO PHONE CALLS.